How to use Data Avenue?
Use of Data Avenue is very similar to a file commander (like Norton Commander or Midnight Commander) with a simple two-panel (source and destination) form for data transfer.
A typical scenario for using Data Avenue:
- Select a protocol to use.
- Specify the URL (host) related to the remote storage (you can do it from Favorites set earlier), and then click Go.
- Select an authentication method and give the necessary credentials in the authentication window. The next figure explains which protocols you can use for the different authentifcation methods. (In case of S3 protocol you use - more precisely to say - the access key/secret key pair instead of username/password for authentication.)
- At this point you can use the one-panel operations: you can create, delete, or rename your directories, as well as you can upload/download/refresh your files.
- If you want to use a two-panel operation (copy or move), then you need to perform the steps 1-3 in the second panel as well. Then you need to choose the source and destination panels for operation.
- At this point you can use all available operations.
The following 8 operations can be executed in Data Avenue:
- Refresh (current directory contents)
- Mkdir (new subdirectory in the current directory)
- Rename (the selected file or directory)
- Delete (the selected file or directory)
- Copy (the selected source file or directory to the destination directory)
- Move (the selected source file or directory to the destination directory)
- Download (the selected file to your local hard drive)
- Upload (a file from your local hard drive to the current remote directory)
Upload, copy and move operations are executed asynchronously. These operations may require Refresh command to update the directory contents in the corresponding side.
Data Avenue tutorial video