What is Data Avenue?
The Data Avenue is a file commander tool for data transfer, enabling easy data moving between various storage services (such as grid, cloud, cluster, supercomputers) by various protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, GSIFTP, SRM, iRODS and S3.
Why Data Avenue is good for me?
With Data Avenue you can up- and download your data to storage services for scientific computation. Additionally, you can copy, move and delete files as well as you can create and copy folders. The biggest advantage of Data Avenue is the widespread support of protocols, enabling easy data moving between various distributed computing infrastructure (DCI) storage resources by various network protocols.
- If you do not want to use command-line solutions as a connection to your storage, but you would like a convenient solution, then Data Avenue is your tool.
- If you need to move your file between different resources or you need to use different transfer protocols, then Data Avenue is a suitable solution.
- If asynchronous file transfer is necessary, then Data Avenue is the tool you need.
- If you do not want to use your local environment for temporarily storing files during data transfer, then choose Data Avenue.
What do I need if I want to try out Data Avenue?
- Click on 'Sign in' on the top right hand side of this page.
- Log in with your Facebook account by clicking on the Facebook link (below the Sign In button).
- Go to the 'Try it out' page.
- You will need to have access to the infrastructures you are planning to use. You need to own credentials (such as keys, passwords, other authentication data depending on the used protocols) for grids and clouds as well as you have to know the corresponding URLs to access remote data sources.
If you need help about using the Data Avenue, please go to the 'Manuals' page.
What else do we have?
The Data Avenue family consists of three main actors:
The Data Avenue Blacktop is the core service that provides unified access to different types of storages. It offers a web service interface for performing different operations on the supported storages (http, https, sftp, gsiftp, srm, s3), and an HTTP server for convenient data up- and download. The Data Avenue core service can be accessed with an easy-to-use Java API making integration with existing software components an easy task.
The Data Avenue is the user interface that makes data transfer very easy and user friendly. As soon as we think that most of the bugs are fixed, it will be downloadable for everyone.
The Data Avenue @SZTAKI is our installation of the Data Avenue service. It can be used by those who choose not to install their own or just would like to see how it works! To have a look, go to the 'Try it out' page.